Saints Row 2 (PC/ENG/RIP)
Year 2009 | PC game | English | Developer: Volition Inc. | Publisher: THQ | 1.97 Gb
Genre: Modern Action Adventure Game
Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis.
The story begins in a jail hospital, where you've been in a coma ever since a gigantic explosion at the end of the first Saints Row nearly ended your criminal actions permanently. After easily escaping from this lightly guarded compound, you set off to recruit more people to your gang and retake the city of Stilwater. The overarching story is derivative and not easily relatable, but there are some interesting episodes. The Brotherhood missions in particular are dark, documenting a tale of vengeance that is sickly satisfying. After putting nuclear waste in their leader's tattoo ink, you find yourself in a constant battle of one-upmanship. Deaths are taken lightly, propelling you to even more outrageous behavior, but it fits within the context of this over-the-top gameworld. The story never reaches beyond the barbaric needs of its protagonist, but the missions do contain a few worthwhile cinematic payoffs.
* Over 40 story missions with additional bonus missions take place in a transformed Stilwater that is over 50% larger than before.
* Limitless Customization Play as fully customizable characters that are male, female or something in between. Cribs, vehicles and even gangs all have customization options.
* Multiplayer Co-op full story campaign has seamless integration (for example one player drives while the other shoots).
* Competitive multiplayer pushes the boundaries of immersion in a living Stillwater environment fully populated with police, innocent bystanders and rival gangs.
* Planes, helicopters, motorcycles, boats and cars can be piloted and used as weapons. On the ground new combat options include melee, fine aim, and human shield.
* Operating System: Windows® XP or Vista.
* CPU: 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 or equivalent.SV
* Memory: 1 GB system RAM
* Video Card: 128MB 3D graphics card with Shader Model 3.0 support
* Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card Available for users only