Oxford Basic American Dictionary for learners of English • First Edition (2011)
Oxford Basic American Dictionary for learners of English • First Edition
Your key to building English language skills
OUP | 2011 | ISBN 0194399699 | English | System Win/Mac | CD-ROM, NRG | 244 MB
This dictionary CD-ROM includes the full A-Z dictionary, 27,000 spoken words, 6,500 spoken sentences, a searchable Picture Dictionary, a printable Resource Dictionary, a Topic Dictionary and the option to create personal word lists. A pop-up Genie gives the meaning of words students find when working in Word, in emails or on the Internet.
Level: Elementary to pre-intermediate (A1-A2)
• Search the complete A-Z dictionary, with all headwords, Usage Notes, and illustrations.
• Listen to the spoken 27,000 words and 6,500 spoken sentences. Students can record and listen to their own voice.
• Extend vocabulary using the searchable Picture Dictionary.
• Learn the 2,000 keywords (the most important words to know in English), marked with a key symbol, and Academic Word List words, marked with an AWL symbol.
• Search words by topic in the Topic Dictionary, and create personal word lists to build vocabulary faster.
• Use the pop-up Genie to look up words when working in Word, in emails or on the Internet to check meaning and pronunciation Available for users only